The Dolphin Emotions Encounter experience starts with an educational talk, imparting various facts about the bottlenose dolphin, its biology and ecology.
Then, participants spend about 15 minutes in the water, where, under the supervision of a trainer, they are invited to meet the dolphins, experience moments of tenderness and affection and perform an aquatic behaviour sequence at shallow water with these extraordinary ambassadors of the ocean.
During the whole experience, participants are accompanied by an educator who will be able to answer your questions.
Including the educational session, the time spent getting changed and the session in the water, the total duration of the experience is approximately 60 minutes.
There is a maximum of 8 participants in each session. On the day of the experience participants can acquire one individual photo of the experience.
These are some of the aquatic behaviours in shallow waters that may
be accomplished during the experience.
Prices and Tickets
Junior / Sénior
In order to take part in the Dolphin Emotion Encounter experience you must:
- Be six years old or over;
- Children who are six and seven year old must be accompanied by other participant who is 16 years old or over;
For safety reasons the following people cannot participate in any of the experiences:
Pregnant women, people with strong physical or mental disabilities (as this may limit the capacity to fully understand instructions and/or perform the aquatic activities), people with skin disorders, people under the influence of alcohol or drugs, people with hydrophobia, people with any other condition which may compromise the participant or the dolphins’ well-being.
- Be at the Dolphin Emotions reservation stand 45 minutes before the start of the session in order to register and become familiar with the rules of participation (delays are not refundable).
- Remove all personal objects such as: earrings, necklaces, watches, bracelets, hard contact lenses, glasses, photo and video cameras, hair accessories or any other object that can cause the dolphins harm either by ingestion or abrasion.
- Continued use of the aquatic equipment provided by Zoomarine, underneath, one should wear bathing suit (use of a t-shirt is optional)
- Take a shower with the wetsuit on (remove all make-up).
- Fully respect all instructions given by Zoomarine staff.
- Treat all dolphins with respect, avoiding any attitude or behaviour which may cause stress or injury to the specimen.
- Keep a quiet and calm attitude at all time.
- Each participant will need to purchase a ticket specifically for one of the experiences.
- Entrance to Zoomarine theme park is included in the participants ticket.
- The visitor who has already purchased the ticket to the Theme Park, can buy indoors the Accompanying Spectator ticket by single price of €2.00 (sold only inside the park).
- Children under 1,00 meter of height may attend for free as spectators accompanying the participant.
- The spectators will watch from a location adjacent to the lagoon where the session takes place.
- Spectators will not have access to the dolphins.
- Zoomarine reserves the right to use the participant’s images of the Dolphin Emotions. The captured images will be used, exclusively, in a video/dvd/photos production to be sold to those participants.
- All reservations must be cancelled with 2 days notice (until 5pm on the second day before the reservation).
- All participants should arrive at least 45 minutes before the start of the session.
- In the event of non-attendance by a participant (arriving 45 minutes before the start) with the reservation not having been cancelled beforehand (with 2 days notice), the full amount will be charged and no refunds will be possible.
- Should Zoomarine be obliged to terminate the experience, due to climatic, technical or zoological reasons, we reserve the right to postpone the session or transfer it to another date. If the participant is unavailable at the new time, he or she will be reimbursed for the cost of the program.